Monday, January 23, 2012

Want to GET HUNGRY?

     Sometimes I forget to eat meals.  Maybe it's because I'm not actually hungry whenever the typical meal times come around, or maybe I'm too busy.  Either way, looking at pictures of this food will definitely help me, or anyone, GET HUNGRY. 
     Over the weekend, some friends and I got together to cook some food that we would seem suitable for a food truck.  Big shout out to my friend Angie for letting us crash her house while she was out of town.  First I cooked some BBQ Pork Nachos.
grill some veggies (onions and bell peppers)
Then add the seasoned pork
Put it on the chips
Throw them cheese on that!

Douse on a little red pepper and honey bbq sauce!
(Please Note:  I realize BBQ Pork Nachos is a misleading term.  If I had more time, I would have Barbie Q-ed the Pork SHOULDER then pulled the pork for the nachos.  AND the result would have been ever better....next time, when I have more time/am more prepared)

     Next I cooked some double stuffed potatoes: 

Cook potatoes then scoop out the meat
mix in some stuff (be creative, i'm not telling you how to cook it)

stuff the stuff back into the skins
cover with cheese and green onions then stick them under the broiler for a few minutes
     We also cooked some pork kabobs I call Tiger Bait (marinated pork sirloin  with red (purple) onions and gold bell peppers) but Angie doesn't have a grill yet (pushing for a grill purchase soon?  I think yes.).  I broiled them but the result was less than blog worthy even though they tasted good.  We're all looking forward to getting together soon!


And finally, we have officially begun a new ministry at our parish:  Epiphany Young Adult Ministry.  Check out our link if you're interested in joining.  We're fun people.  Promise.  

Happy Plates!

p.s. the guys dominated at Scene it


No comments:

Post a Comment