Thursday, October 13, 2011

Been a While

 













     Marinatin' has been my motto for the past week.  Soaking in all my thoughts from a long weekend retreat and a busy October. 

     I had a fun, long weekend with all my favorite junior high students on our yearly retreat and I certainly was ready to get back into the kitchen!  The pork tenderloin hanging in my fridge was SO ready to be cooked.  I used a simple teriyaki marinade and let the thing bathe in it over night.  Grilled for about 9 minutes on each side (4 sides), it came out quite delicious.  I served it with grilled squash, zucchini, and some Kroger dinner rolls.  The plating of the meal wasn't as pretty as I like, but that's because I was tired.  So deal with it. 

While shopping in good will for the junior high retreat, I found a blooming onion maker.  I had ALWAYS wanted to make a blooming onion and now for $3.00, I had the chance.  It was an easy buy.  I battered it up with some flour, cumin, and tony's.  Then fried it for approx 8 minutes (4 minutes either side....).  It looks good on the plate (notice the purple and gold) and tastes like something out of a comic book.  Not that I would know what that tastes like, but its goood!  I'll be serving some up this weekend for the LSU vs. Tennessee Game!  oh yeah, with a fried turkey and some other good stuff!  Let me know if you're in Katy and want to join!  Geaux Tigers! 

and Happy Plates!!

P.S.  I'm using the extra homemade teriyaki to seep into some chicken legs.....These are going to be the bomb!  And another thought...IMO chicken legs are better than wings....but no one has ever opened a chicken leg place.....debate.
Grilled Teriyaki Legs will be posted at another date.  Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment