Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day!!

A huge shout out to all the dad's out there!  My love for the kitchen can be attributed to my father, the person who taught me how to cook!  This Father's Day, we collaborated to grill up some shish-ka-bobs.  My dad was eager to help me take photos of the process to share with our creations with you.

There are four main aspects to a good kabob.  

1. The marinade:  we used a beef marinade from River Roads Cook Book as our guide but don't follow the recipe exactly.  The longer they can soak, the better.  Allow at least 4 hours.
You can message me for the recipe if you're not feeling adventurous.

2. The Meat (cubed):  Steak and Chicken.  Country style ribs also work well.  

3.  The Veggies and Fruit
mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, squash, zucchini, bell peps, and a pineapple

4. The Presentation:  My dad is an engineer so this comes easy I guess. 


Here's the how to:

Cube the meat. Marinate it for at least 4 hours.  Cut the veggies.  Soak the wooden skewers.  Then create the kabobs.  Alternate the veggies to ensure they take on the flavor of the meat.  Also, keep the chicken and the beef separate.  The chicken tends to cook a little longer.





Grill each skewer on medium high heat for about 5 minutes on each side.  (there are four sides)  Serve with dirty rice and a nice artisan bread from Kroger (shameless plug). 

"hey dad, can I has some?"

Sure you can, Biscuit.  Sure you can.

Happy Plates!

and Happy Father's Day!! (a little late)

No comments:

Post a Comment