Thursday, August 30, 2012

Noodle Nite

For those of you who are unaware, I am full-time Associate Director of Youth Ministry in Katy, Texas.  On Wednesday nights, our youth gather for an evening of food, fun, and reflection.  Each week is themed with something to hopefully draw intrigue to other students who might want to join.  Here is our flyer of the theme nights.

Last Night, we celebrated Noodle Nite.  We made some homemade meatballs and spaghetti (although the sauce was out of the can (I got lazy)).  Meatballs are easy to make but can be a little time consuming.  I prefer homemade because then I know what goes in them.  The freezer stuff  you can buy from Sam's Club are okay, but I like fresh stuff better.  

Here's what we did.  Take out your ground beef and put it in something large enough to mix it.  Add eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, salt pepper, and garlic.  Mix it up right.  

Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the meat into balls and place them on a baking tray.  6 pounds of meat made about 75 large meatballs.  Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until cooked all the way through.  
yum, right? haha
Once they are finished, put them in your spaghetti sauce.  Let them simmer for another 20-25 minutes.  Serve over noodles.  duh.

I started eating then remembered I needed a picture.  The kids loved it.  I loved it.  Happy Plates.  BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment